Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Ministry Updates in Puerto



So we have been able to go in the ministry quite a bit since we got into our own house.  It has been really wonderful!
Brandon started at least 2 bible studies in English and I have been given 3 bible studies from people that were basically on a waiting list in English also.  When we are doing our territory it is what we call more of a census.  Going to each house and finding out if anyone speaks English, or even if they have a son or daughter attending university who speak English.  It’s a little tough because often times they want us to stay and talk to them in Spanish but, we are on a mission to find the English speaking people! We have had good success with finding numerous people who speak English and usually if they speak English, it means they WANT a bible study!!
Last week Ken Ward was at a door and he asked if anyone spoke English and the man said my nephew does, hang on.  Well, he went in the house and called his nephew and said he would be right over.  Well, after Ken had waited 40 long minutes he was starting to wonder if this had really been a good idea.  The nephew showed up and DID speak English and was very happy to have a bible study!!  Ken was so glad he had been patient!
Another experience I was privileged to be a part of was with the same woman I wrote about in my last post.  Her name is Sabi and she is an excellent study in Spanish.  Rita hasn’t found anyone available in Spanish to take over the study so she is continuing to do it.  This woman moved me to tears on the study last week.  When she found out about the Resurrection (John 5:28, 29) and all the specific details of what Jehovah is going to do for us, she was so excited she was practically leaping out of her chair, speaking Spanish a mile a minute (Rita translated for me so I could understand her excitement) and she was reiterating all that was to come to make sure she understood it correctly!  It was an unbelievable moment! In that moment I felt as though all the difficult things we had done to get here were so very worth it! I started crying and Rita had to tell Sabi I was crying because I was so glad to be a part of teaching her these bible truths!! I still can’t believe how powerful that moment was. 
So here are some pics taken in the ministry here…..

The boys LOVE Ken and Rita!!!!

Lucas and KK














I was terrified!!! It was my FIRST time ever on a motorcycle

And we're off to a bible study! ( I lived! for those of you wondering!!)


3 comments:

farmchicsophisticate said...

Glad to hear that things are working out well for you and that you are finally settling in to you new home and territory! Congratulations Angelique on your first motorcycle ride! :)

Davis said...

hey!! It looks like you are all adjusting quite well. I'm so happy to hear you found a house that suites your needs. It looks so beautiful there, despite all the sweating haha. Love you all! Btw how do I email you? Ben and Jocelyn :)

Janella H said...

We enjoying keeping updated with what happening with you guys thru your blogs!! keep writing

Post a Comment

Social Icons

Social Icons

Featured Posts